September 18, 2017
Here are the tips for preventing and reducing mosquitoes and ticks in and around yards.
- Be Aware: Always check yourself, your kids and your pets for ticks when you come inside.
- Clean Your Yard: Keep your grass cut short and your yard free of standing water and clean bird baths often. Standing water can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Repellant: Wear mosquito repellant any time you are outside to prevent mosquitoes, ticks and other pests from biting you.
- Protect Yourself: Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants to prevent mosquitoes and ticks from biting.
- The Right Timing: Avoid being outside during dawn and dusk which are peak times of day for mosquitoes.
- Call a Professional: Have a pest management professional apply a treatment to your yard to prevent pests from breeding.