Because ants are so tiny, it can be difficult to prevent all of them from entering into your home. One of the best ways of preventing an ant infestation is to destroy the nest and the queen along with it. However, you should always make sure that you have nothing in your home to attract any kind of ant.
Here are some practical ways to effectively prevent ants from getting into your home:
- Keep all food items sealed and away from kitchen tables and worktops.
- Sweet foods and drinks like honey, jam, and sodas attract ants and other insects, so make sure all sticky residue is cleaned from surfaces.
- Carefully examine your house to seal up any cracks where ants may be entering the building.
- Keep pet food in the refrigerator overnight to prevent ants being attracted to it during nighttime when they are most active.
- Regularly clean work spaces with either vinegar or lemon juice to repel ants from those areas.