October 5, 2018
- By Umas Bali Pest Termite Rodent Control
- / News & Events
At one time or another, we’ve all dealt with unwanted multi-legged critters in our homes, from ants and roaches to fleas and ticks. These unwanted visitors can be a nuisance. We at UMAS PEST CONTROL BALI compiled a list of preventive tips that may help reduce the amount of insects and rodents on your property.
- Fix leaky plumbing and replace leaky trays under house plants.
- Make sure food and food scraps are tightly sealed and garbage is regularly removed from the home.
- Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards to close off potential entryways and hiding places.
- Correct moisture problems.
- Make sure gutters and downspouts are unclogged.
- Water should be channeled from downspouts away from your foundation.
- Aim sprinklers away from your house.
- Slope soil away from your home.
- Holes or cracks larger than one-fourth of an inch should be stuffed with steel wool or wire mesh and then sealed with caulk or foam to prevent rodents from chewing through and entering your home.
- Install a good thick weather-stripping on the bottom of all doors to prevent rodents from entering.